TyperA - test your typing skills

Home | Register | What's new | High scores | Forums | People | Guestbook | FAQ | About TyperA



Log in:
Name:
Password:




From the creators of TyperA:
online hockey
Socceracy
ski jump










Forgot your password?
Forum title:TyperA
Topic title:Mistakes in German mode
Created by: igorella
Created on:2006-11-26 18:31:08
Read times:4920

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

igorella

Date: 2006-11-26 18:31:08


[reply]
I noticed several times that in the German version it reads "sie" and "ihr/ihre" where "Sie" and "Ihr/Ihre" would be correct. For me this is quite confusing - after all I try to make as few mistakes as possible, and "deliberatly" typing something wrong is very difficult :-)
burnus

Date: 2007-05-23 00:13:23


[reply]
igorella wrote:
I noticed several times that in the German version it reads "sie" and "ihr/ihre" where "Sie" and "Ihr/Ihre" would be correct. For me this is quite confusing - after all I try to make as few mistakes as possible, and "deliberatly" typing something wrong is very difficult :-)

ya sure?? for me they always looked right..
teksene

Date: 2007-05-28 14:04:52


[reply]
I believe according to the new orthographic rules "sie" and "ihr" is also correct where it has been wrong before.
Inkwizition

Date: 2009-05-04 11:05:00


[reply]
teksene wrote:
I believe according to the new orthographic rules "sie" and "ihr" is also correct where it has been wrong before.


You referring to the "Rechtschreibreform"? This never changed how "Sie" and "Ihr" is used! (Although "BILD" may have said otherwise :)
LisaSun

Date: 2009-05-28 12:56:31


[reply]
Inkwizition wrote:
teksene wrote:
I believe according to the new orthographic rules "sie" and "ihr" is also correct where it has been wrong before.


You referring to the "Rechtschreibreform"? This never changed how "Sie" and "Ihr" is used! (Although "BILD" may have said otherwise :)


---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

The "Sie" and "Ihr/e/n, ..." is formal and it is written with a big letter in the beginning.
The "du" and "dein, ..." is informal and it is up to you to write it with a small or a big letter in the beginning. Before the orthographic reform in 1996 (with amendments in 2004 and 2006) all pronouns were written with a big letter in the beginning.

Today:
formal: Sie, Ihr, Ihres, Ihnen, ...
informal: du/Du, dir/Dir, euch/Euch, ...

Not easy!
dodobird

Date: 2010-03-24 22:10:12


[reply]
There a r e mistakes in the text. Some friends are right when they say that errors have been made regarding the "sie" and the "Sie". Pity, it does effect scores as we, native speakers and well educated when it comes to grammar, habitually type the correct capital S whilst staring at a mistakingly lower case s...
dipje

Date: 2010-08-24 18:39:28


[reply]
dodobird wrote:
There a r e mistakes in the text. Some friends are right when they say that errors have been made regarding the "sie" and the "Sie". Pity, it does effect scores as we, native speakers and well educated when it comes to grammar, habitually type the correct capital S whilst staring at a mistakingly lower case s...


The dutch sentences are also full of errors, but they are done on purpose to throw you off. This tests how much you type with your brain automaticly filling in the words or by really looking at what you _have_ to type.

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

   TyperA.net - ©Klikki