TyperA - test your typing skills

Home | Register | What's new | High scores | Forums | People | Guestbook | FAQ | About TyperA

Name:
Password:

From the creators of TyperA:
online hockey
ski jump

Forgot your password?
Forum title:Typing
Topic title:Germany: NEO-keyboard
Created by: Mahatma
Created on:2008-01-13 21:18:24
Read times:3584

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

Mahatma

Date: 2008-01-13 21:18:24

[reply]
Hi forum,
has anyone here experience with the NEO-keyboard? Do you get much faster? Does it make sense to learn typing on this keyboard?
Kind regards,
Mahatma
mnjopp

Date: 2008-02-07 22:06:39

[reply]
Hi,

a friend of mine tested id. He sais, that he got much faster with NEO-layout but he had to re-align to the qwertz-layout everytime when he wrote on an ohter keyboard.

for trying new layouts maybe "Das Keyboard" would be practically.
http://www.daskeyboard.com/

regards, mn
takinitez

Date: 2008-08-15 02:43:52

[reply]
Currently I'm trying to learn the NEO-layout. It is quite a bit of work to even type without looking at the key layout again, let alone reach or even beat the old qwertz speed, but to me at least it does look promising.

My main reason for this is increased typing comfort though, not necessarily increased speed (of course I wouldn't mind getting faster in the progress). The NEO-layout is definitely more comfortable for me, since the fingers have to move around the keyboard _way_ less and I really like the distribution of the keys across the various layers, but YMMV of course.
joghurt

Date: 2009-08-06 23:49:05

[reply]
Hi,

I've been using the NEO layout for several years now. It sure is a lot more comfortable than QWERTZ. Concerning typing speed I can't compare it with QWERTZ since I never got fluent in touch typing using QWERTZ which I do when using NEO.
Hence I got a lot faster in the process, but touch typing with QWERTZ would also be a lot faster than what I did before switching.

What is really great about NEO (at least in version 2) is that you can type special characters a lot easier than with any other layout I now of.
This doesn't help with TyperA much though.

regards, joghurt

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

TyperA.net - ©Klikki