TyperA - test your typing skills

Home | Register | What's new | High scores | Forums | People | Guestbook | FAQ | About TyperA

Name:
Password:

From the creators of TyperA:
online hockey
ski jump

Forgot your password?
Forum title:Typing
Topic title:What keyboard do you use?
Created by: jamesgordon
Created on:2021-07-06 00:55:45
Read times:659

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

jamesgordon

Date: 2021-07-06 00:55:45

[reply]
This is out of curiosity, to do a survey of what keyboard is being used by users on here. I think it'd be really helpful for statistical purposes -- especially when it comes to very high scorers.

Personally, I use Qwerty. I took a diversion for several years and learned Dvorak. It didn't give me any speed boosts, but was a good exercise. I think I was able to get up to a similar speed using Dvorak, but never did any tests (I did one or two and was scoring in 400kpm range while I was still learning, I seem to remember).

My fastest score is on English sentences--668 kpm/133 wpm. I think I can get that to go up a bit. For me it's all nerves, my heart starts really racing etc during the test, especially towards the end; I just need to learn to calm down. I know I can do at least a bit better. I'm curious to hear from others and how they reached their top scores.

James
jouko

Date: 2021-07-08 15:42:52

[reply]
Qwerty, Razer Ornata
aaronadams

Date: 2021-07-12 02:23:27
Edited: 2021-07-12 03:12:15

[reply]
I use QWERTY. I go back and forth between my laptop keyboard and my Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate. I seem to have better endurance on the mechanical keyboard but I'm not sure if there is much WPM improvement. I set my English words PB with my laptop and English sentences PB with the Das keyboard.

When I got my 155 WPM on English sentences I made zero typos and got kind of lucky that I didn't get any extremely difficult sentences. I warmed up a lot on TypeRacer that day and just felt like I was in the zone. There seems to be a sweet spot where I've typed enough to get warmed up to my max speed, but not so much that my hands start to get tired and I lose accuracy.

On the English words test I find that it's all about alternating between slow and fast practice to get those words ingrained in my muscle memory. Accuracy is key. I also do slow practice on the English sentences test and I think it helps there, too.

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

TyperA.net - ©Klikki