TyperA - test your typing skills

Home | Register | What's new | High scores | Forums | People | Guestbook | FAQ | About TyperA

Name:
Password:

From the creators of TyperA:
online hockey
ski jump

Forgot your password?
Forum title:Typing
Topic title:Typing blind?
Created by: dromiceius
Created on:2006-11-28 11:42:11
Read times:9061

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

dromiceius

Date: 2006-11-28 11:42:12

[reply]
It's one thing to type with a towel over your hands, but typing with your eyes shut takes a hell of a lot more concentration.

So the question is, if you type a response to this thread, can you type it with your eyes shut without any typos? Is it more challenging?

...or is it just me?
vaskre

Date: 2006-12-05 12:31:16

[reply]
I can type blind just fine, it's simply a matter of putting your hands in the proper position before beginning. Also, correcting yourself can be a bit of problem while blinded. (Though if you know you made the mistake, it can be easy at times.)
Anonymous

Date: 2006-12-09 17:11:10

[reply]
8 days ago I switched to Colemak, and for now I type faster with my eyes shut. Don't ask why.
Berkyyy

Date: 2009-05-29 20:08:56

[reply]
I can type blind since i was like 8-9 :) but i usually open my eyes lol, it's better for me
calmer

Date: 2012-04-20 17:33:16

[reply]
easy to type blind , i do it all the time because im so used to it, this is me typing right now. My grammar may not be all the best though XD
..Pranav..

Date: 2012-12-18 10:47:58

[reply]
dromiceius wrote:
It's one thing to type with a towel over your hands, but typing with your eyes shut takes a hell of a lot more concentration.

So the question is, if you type a response to this thread, can you type it with your eyes shut without any typos? Is it more challenging?

...or is it just me?

Well, I don't know since I haven't tried. But here is my first try at it. In fact, I am going to make this long just to see if I can actually type correctly with my closed eyes... I actually wanted to write that sentence as "eyes closed", but since my eyes were closed I couldn't backspace after starting with "closed". Anyways, I think I made a typo in the last sentence... and I m not sure how to correct it since I can't see the position of my typo... Anyways, be that as it may... I'm goingn to post this n message now and hope for the best ....
..Pranav..

Date: 2012-12-18 10:51:40

[reply]
..Pranav.. wrote:
dromiceius wrote:

...or is it just me?

Well, I don't know since I haven't tried. But here is my first try at it. In fact, I am going to make this long just to see if I can actually type correctly with my closed eyes... I actually wanted to write that sentence as "eyes closed", but since my eyes were closed I couldn't backspace after starting with "closed". Anyways, I think I made a typo in the last sentence... and I m not sure how to correct it since I can't see the position of my typo... Anyways, be that as it may... I'm goingn to post this n message now and hope for the best ....

Hmmm... exc\essive n's. Strange mistake to make while typing with your eyes closed. Btw, this message was also typed with my eyes closed. :)
jenmc226

Date: 2013-08-12 06:44:33

[reply]
Typing blind is easy. Try typing while looking at someone else in a different direction and holindg a conversation with them. A conversation that's totally off topic from the topic you are typing about. Crap Im' sure I have typo or two here. Bummer.
Crimson

Date: 2013-10-19 18:16:03

[reply]
Actually, I consider typing blindly quite easy. I might be doing some typing mistakes right now, but I'm not completely certain as my mothertongue is German anyways so my spelling isn't even close to perfect anyways.
However, even though typing blindly is easy for me, I still can't get close to the amounts of speed while looking at the computer. I never noticed that before, but right now, I'm only managing probably 300 chars per minute. When I'm looking at the computer, however, my highscore is near to 700 chars a minute...

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

TyperA.net - ©Klikki