TyperA - test your typing skills

Home | Register | What's new | High scores | Forums | People | Guestbook | FAQ | About TyperA

Name:
Password:

From the creators of TyperA:
online hockey
ski jump

Forgot your password?
Forum title:Typing
Topic title:GET BETTER!!!
Created by: Karinn
Created on:2008-06-21 19:10:35
Read times:4638

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

Karinn

Date: 2008-06-21 19:10:36

[reply]
Hi i wonder if anyone has any edvice on how i can improve my highscore. what do you people do to get better?
I want to improve...Please help, thankfull for answers.
amen

Date: 2008-06-23 05:04:34
Edited: 2009-10-19 22:39:11

[reply]
The programs/method(s) I use are:

The Typing of the Dead
Mavis Beacon
TypeFaster
Shark Zap
Typing while reading anything on the Internet (i.e., forum discussions, news articles, etc.)

The latter one depends, because if what I am reading isn't interesting enough, I get tired - quick. I remember typing a forum discussion for 10+ pages straight without stopping and there were some long azz paragraphs. I was amazed I didn't get tired. I guess you could say I had good posture.

Also try taking words that you have trouble with and practice typing them over and over again. That really seems to have helped with my accuracy. For example, I used to have trouble typing words like: hypnosis, paparazzi, anthropomorphism, physiology (pretty much any type of ‘psy’ word), hieroglyphics, mosaic, omnipotent, egomaniac and words that have the ‘imi’ combination in them are the worst (e.g., assimilation). It doesn’t help that I’m typing on a QWERTY keyboard either

Good luck!
sorenk

Date: 2008-11-20 22:28:47
Edited: 2008-11-21 00:04:05

[reply]
Typing of The Dead is excellent.

Pay attention to which letters you type continuously, without alternating hands. Paying attention slows you down. But...allows you to develop katas, or sequences of motion that, by becoming automatic, increase your speed.

For example, on my layout, "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog."
has the forms bellow, when using the right thumb for space:
'he quic'
' b'
'wn'
'pe'
' o'
' he'
'y '

Some parts of a sequence can be typed smoothly with a role of the hand. Others require using the same finger twice or changing the direction of hand motion. Pay special attention to the smooth part of a sequence. Treat them as a sub forms. They are the most complex and offer the greatest potential for speed gains because, once mastered, flow almost as quickly as a single key. Changes in direction or same finger jumps will take time. Let them. Don't rattle your fingers and wrists trying to gain speed. Instead make the jumps and reversals as thoughtless an automatic as possible and focus instead on the next smooth motion.

For me, the sequence 'he quic' (';j mikl' on QWERTY) breaks down as:
'he{space}' smoothly typed with fingers positioned in advance.
change of direction, set up (position fingers) for 'qu'
'qu' smooth
using the same finger twice, set up for 'ic'
'ic' smooth

These combinations are unique for each layout.

V  F      G      M     L       /  O      U      P      B  ;
  S      D      T      N  R      A  E      I      C      H  ,
        K      W     J  X  Z       "  Q      Y      .      @
miLoJ

Date: 2008-11-28 18:03:00

[reply]
I used to typing from an ebook, first you gain more from the ebook rather than just reading it, second you can improve your typing speed though. cheers =D

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

TyperA.net - ©Klikki