TyperA - test your typing skills

Home | Register | What's new | High scores | Forums | People | Guestbook | FAQ | About TyperA

Name:
Password:

From the creators of TyperA:
online hockey
ski jump

Forgot your password?
Forum title:Problems
Topic title:Java needs to be fixed
Created by: zepheros
Created on:2011-06-25 06:57:14
Read times:3619

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

zepheros

Date: 2011-06-25 06:57:14

[reply]
I haven't been able to use TyperA in a very long time. I don't know what it is with Firefox and Java but they haven't mingled well with TyperA for some time now. I have Firefox 5 and when I start a typing test it will skip to the error screen a few seconds after I start typing. It does this everytime. I know nothing is wrong with my PC. Everything is up to date and I always have cookies enabled.
son

Date: 2011-09-10 02:11:50

[reply]
zepheros wrote:
I haven't been able to use TyperA (...) on Firefox (...)

Hello, I've been using TyperA for at least 4 years, and never got into trouble. Been through most of Firefox's major releases. Same with IE. It looks pretty stable to me.
I suggest you try it out (IE, that is), or if you don't dig MS stuff, at least Opera or Chrome ?
If this still doesn't fix your problem, check to see if Java applets are allowed to run in your browser (somewhere in the browser settings).
As a last resort, enable the Java Console (from Control Panel -> Java -> Advanced, if you use Windows) so that you can see eventual crash messages while trying to run the applet in the web page... maybe you will get some clues.
Hope this helps :)

[all forums] [all topics] [latest messages] [send reply]

TyperA.net - ©Klikki